Are you looking for an activity for all the family – something that you and your spouse or partner, and your sons and daughters – and nieces and nephews – can all spend quality time doing together – something that will enhance you all physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually – but one at which you can all progress at your own pace?
Does that sound too good to be true?
That is exactly what Choi Kwang Do can do for your family. Our Family classes have students of all ages, sizes and abilities training together. There are frequent partner changes made during the drills to ensure that both adults and children experience a varied training. For the children it ensures that they gain the experience of dealing with larger attackers, whilst the adult works in a lighter and less stressed manner, to gain speed and control.
Our Family classes have been specially designed for family groups, delivering all of the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual enhancements of Choi Kwang Do, alongside the added benefits of these being achieved within the family setting, and with the family’s support – the ultimate quality family time!
- Physical shape: Choi Kwang Do will help adults lose fat and gain muscle, and children tone up and add stamina. It redefines each body shape in a positive, fun and supportive atmosphere.
- Physical strength: if you ever need it to, Choi Kwang Do will enable every family member to defend themselves. That is true for children and women just as much as for men. The martial arts moves you will learn will arm you with a sense of security.
- Mental strength: the discipline that underpins Choi Kwang Do, and the goal-orientated nature of our programmes, will develop everyone’s mental strength. This will spill over into all areas of your life, enhancing your school and work practices, your relationships and your achievements in every other sphere.
- Emotional development: self-esteem can be an issue at any age, but you will sense from the above that Choi Kwang Do will give every student a hugely enhanced sense of self, and feeling of self-worth, that your self-esteem will be transformed.
- Emotional support: in Choi Kwang Do, we work together – there are no winners and losers – and we all – instructors and other students – support each other to achieve our goals.
- Spiritual development: many students, who come to Choi Kwang Do for the physical benefits, discover in time that these broaden into mental, emotional and even spiritual areas. A heightened sense of enlightenment is not mandatory, but every student will feel differently about themselves and the world through Choi Kwang Do.
You probably have questions………..
Will I get hit? No, there is no sparring in CKD because we believe that it only induces aggression and stress. Competitive sparring encourages you to stand toe-to-toe with an assailant, usually conducted under a set of safety rules and often controlled by a referee. This scenario is far from the reality of a real-life assault and bad habits can easily form under these constraints. In CKD, we gradually introduce you to a series of structured ‘Defence Drills’, to develop your skills of deflective blocking and avoidance. Your partner will simulate an attack at an intensity gauged to allow for the development of countering techniques – aimed at disabling your attacker and enabling evasion. With the competitive element removed, children and adults alike can gain skills, whilst engaged in the same drill.
How do you manage the progression of a family group? We do this by ensuring each member of the group is supported and developed as an individual, on their own personal journey. Whilst in class, the needs of the younger members of the family will be addressed by the instructor team, allowing parents to focus on their own personal progress. With benefits being gained by each member of the family, the CKD journey provides a common interest when practising and training at home.
How often do I come to class? That is entirely up to you: some students attend once a week; some come every day. Whilst it is true to say that the more you practise, the faster you will develop, why not start slowly and build up?
Do I need to be fit to start? Whilst we would always support a healthy, active lifestyle in everyone, no, there are no pre-requisites at all. We will make sure that the classes you attend and the exercises you are asked to do, are appropriate for where you are now.
Can I try it? Yes, you – and we – need to make sure that your needs and goals match our programme, so we would start you on a trial programme.
Thank you for your interest in Hampshire Choi Kwang Do: if you have any other questions, we will be glad to answer any you might send to email@example.com
Why not try it out? We cannot do the benefits of Choi Kwang Do justice in words, so why not book a free introductory class and see for yourself what you could achieve. Please call us free on 0800 990 3071 where we guarantee to greet you with a friendly welcome.